The 8 Components of Wellness – Social
Dec 20, 2021|
Today we are up to the 7th of the 8 components of wellness – social. What is social wellness anyway?
Social wellness is community, friends, family, fun. People that you knit with, sew with, play Scrabble with. Blind taste test wine with. Play Chess with. Run with, bowl with…you get the picture.
What are your interests? What do you love to do or want to learn how to do? No matter what it is, there is a community waiting for you. Why is this important?
Socialization and community are important for a number of reasons:
- Reduces feelings of isolation which lead to depression;
- Being social reduces the onset of dementia;
- Studies show that socially connected individuals have a decreased risk of Type II Diabetes;
- People that exercise together are more committed than people who go it alone;
- Improves your self-confidence and self-esteem;
- Reduces blood pressure;
- Increases brain health
So what are you waiting for? Find your tribe now! Your quality of life depends on it.
#Wellness #Social #SocialWellness #Tribe #Community #Socialization #Friendsarethebest #Friends #Buddies #Friendship #Family