8 Ways to Make Your Home Your Sanctuary
Oct 4, 2021|
Once I come home after spending the day with all forms of humanity, both good and bad, I completely and totally relax. I LOVE my home. It’s comfortable and comforting. Everything I have in it I love…from my colorful candles and aroma therapy diffuser to the pictures hanging on the wall.
Do you feel that way when you come home? Does your home embrace you? Welcome you? Give you big, wet, sloppy kisses? Ok, that might be too much!!
If your home doesn’t fit that bill for you and you would like for it to, follow these steps:
- Don’t wear shoes in the house. Place a shoe stand by your door, take off your outdoor shoes and put on indoor shoes. Nothing says, “honey I’m home” like nice fluffy house shoes.
- Keep it neat. Disorganization and messiness cause stress. There’s enough stress out in the world, your home should be a stress-free zone.
- Only have objects in your home that you absolutely love.
- Light scented candles or purchase a diffuser and add your favorite aroma.
- Buy flowers and/or Eucalyptus and keep them in every room of your home. Arrange your living room for comfort and relaxation. Purchase a couch with a chaise lounge or an ottoman so you can put your feet up and chill.
- Wash the dishes. There’s nothing worse than coming home to a sink full of dishes.
- Add a little whimsy – hang lights in the various rooms – living room, kitchen, bedroom. In the wintertime when it’s likely dark when you arrive home, put all those lights on. It’s really nice.
- Keep your bedroom PRISTINE. No television. No computer. No laptop. No clutter.
#CozyHome #Homeisyourcastle #Homeiswhereitsat #Keepitneat #Stressfreezone