8 Components of Wellness — Occupational
Nov 22, 2021|
One of the most over-looked aspects of complete wellness is the occupation you choose. This is a shame because we spend most of our lives working. Oftentimes we fall into jobs without much consideration; other times we stay at jobs that we now absolutely despise working with people who diminish our light. Then you spend the next 20 years waking up on Monday mornings with a feeling of dread and living for the weekend. This is no way to live a life.
So, how do you know what kind of work you want to do? You can start by giving consideration to the following:
- Are you an introvert or an extravert? Introverts prefer working either alone or in small groups; for extraverts the more people the better;
- Would you like to work for a small, medium or large company? There are advantages and disadvantages to both;
- Do you like working at a fast or slow pace? Do you like to work under pressure?
- Do you even want to work in an office? What other options would you consider?
- Do you like working with your hands?
- Do you like a casual environment or one that is more formal?
These questions are just a tip of the iceberg of things you should consider when choosing a profession. As a quote attributed to Confucius goes, “Choose a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.”
#wellness #occupation #occupationalwellness #knowyourself #knowwhatyoulove #figureitout #loveyourwork