Home Safety Assessment – What Is It And Why Might You Need One
Feb 1, 2022|
What is a home safety assessment? It is when a health care professional assesses a residence for safety prior to the patient’s return home.
We assess the need for the following:
- Tub chair for the shower;
- Hand held shower:
- Tub rail or grab bars to safely enter and exit the bath tub;
- A raised toilet seat, a bedside commode or both;
- Bed rail for assistance into and out of bed;
- Glides for office chair (wheels might be dangerous);
- Cushions or sit to stand assist device for favorite chair or sofa to ease sit to stand transfers
This is a good beginning to ensure safety at home after a long convalescence. Do you have a loved one who may need a home safety assessment? Give us a call!!
Next blog: Emergency alert systems for seniors
#Home #safety #assessment #tubchair #bedrail #bedsidecommode #raisedtoiletseat #grabbars #glides #cushions